History of the Rocky Mountain Symphony Orchestra
Vision of the RMSO
The RMSO wishes to help grow communities of Orchestral Music lovers in small towns in the Shadows of the Rockies by delivering engaging Orchestral experiences in unique ways and places.
"If your kids are dancing in the aisles at an RMSO Concert, we know one thing for sure: We're doing our job properly."
Now in its second season, the Rocky Mountain Symphony Orchestra was born in June 2016. By March 2017, the Orchestra received its Alberta Non-Profit registration as the Rocky Mountain Symphony Society. The RMSO is managed by a Governing Board of Directors.
- September 2016 - Okotoks & Strathmore
- November 2017 - Calgary & Turner Valley
- January 2017 - Okotoks & Strathmore
- April 2017 - Canmore & Calgary
- June 2017 - Cochrane & High River
- Canada Day 2017 - Spruce Meadows
- September 2017 - Okotoks & Calgary
- September 2017 - University of Calgary
- October 2017 - Okotoks & Olds
- December 2017 - High River & Strathmore
- February 2018 - Strathmore & Turner Valley
- May 2018 - Airdrie and High River
- June 2018 - Waterton and Cardston
- June 2018 - Spruce Meadows
- Canada Day 2018 - Spruce Meadows
"We believe that culture is not exclusive to big cities. We think that Folks who choose to live in Small Towns should still have access to a Live Symphony Orchestra."